In January, members voted to set our goals and form task forces for the year. Task forces will further prioritize what they’ll work on. Sign up for a task force at any of our meetings!
- Good government (41 votes) pass DISCLOSE Act, anti-corruption act; remove safe harbor, overturn top-two primary, more
- Economic justice (35 votes) reduce college tuition, get student loan refinance bill, more
- Environment (34 votes) county anti-fracking measure, keep out oil trains, hold firm on Palo Alto composting, work against climate change, protect Clean Air & Water Act
- Criminal justice (17 votes) Homeless Bill of Rights; work to eliminate criminal Grand Jury system; invite LaDoris Cordell to speak, more
- Club building (13 votes) raise $7500, increase paid membership by 50; Facebook to 500+, use MeetUp to reach younger activists
- Candidates/Campaigns (12 votes) work with Renteria & Eggman campaigns for 2016; DFA club & voter reg in Eggman’s district, recruit progressive women to run, more
- Outreach (10 votes) increase relationship with Working Partnerships, invite Derecka Mehrens to speak, consider meeting days so we don’t conflict with other clubs
What do you want to get involved in?